6 tips for choosing Medicare drug coverage
If you’re wondering how to choose a Medicare drug plan that works for you, the best way is to start by looking at your priorities, like:
- I take specific drugs.
- I want extra protection from high prescription drug costs.
- I want my drug expenses to be balanced throughout the year.
- I take a lot of generic prescriptions.
- I don't have many drug costs now, but I want coverage for peace of mind and to avoid future penalties.
- I like the extra benefits and lower costs available by getting my health care and prescription drug coverage from one plan, and I’m willing to pick a drug plan with restrictions on what doctors, hospitals, and other health care providers I can use.
Now that you have some information about how to choose a Medicare drug plan, you may want to learn more about Medigap and Medicare drug coverage.